West Orange Parents Advocating for Special Services in Education
About West Orange PASSE
PASSE is just what the name describes--parents advocating for all the children that receive ANY services or accommodations. including speech, OT, PT, resource room instruction, accommodations under 504 plans,IEP. IHP, and others.
What We Do
Since its founding, PASSE has been a voice advocating for the needs of all children who receive services from our school district, and an important source of information and assistance for parents of these children. For its members, PASSE will:
- Hold meetings on various topics relevant to special services, such as overviews of the various services provided in the district and the various special education placement options, special education law, the IEP process, transition planning for older students behavioral strategies, community programs, etc.
- Answer questions from parents at meetings and by phone and email
- Translate for Spanish-speaking families
- Pass on input from parents to the Director of Special Services and Superintendent through regular meetings and communication
- Disseminate helpful information to members via email.
- Act as advocates for each other in IEP meetings
© West Orange Parents Advocating for Special Services in Education